Re: turbolid

turbolidFrom: david j. brown

 >I bought one a while back. I liked the sound but  didn't like the how =
it fit my mouth. I don't particularly like the "thick" feel the >larger =
surface area these types of covers have. I prefer SP20s over Golden =
Melodies for the same reason.=20
>I also get a better cup with stock covers over the Turbolids. My hands =
are pretty big and I can really surround a stock SP20, MB, >LO, etc. The =
enlarged side of the Turbo lid cover is actually a bit uncomfortable for =
me.

Hello David,

The thick cover plates are an aquired taste.  You definately will not =
like the feel of the fat lower end initially.  With time, you will adapt =
if you stay with it.  John K. mentioned a loss of bass respones.  I've =
experienced the exact opposite.  The tonal palate, from low to high, is =
expanded relative to a stock harp from what I've experienced.  Like =
Dennis mentioned, record the same Sp 20,=20
stock, then lidded. Compare the two recordings, and you will hear a =
difference.

Mark