Positions

In a message dated 3/18/2004 6:59:44 PM Central Standard Time,
gbrooks1@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Here is my best shot at an explanation (of positions), posted to the List in
case anyone else wonders what some of us are going on about.

Any given harmonica can be played in a number of different keys.  Each key
uses a different note on the harmonica as the "root" note or "tonic." (Large
Cut)
Nice explanation George and those of us who remain confused appreciate your
help.  I'm familiar with the circle of fifths and keys and what the positions
mean and even have a vague knowledge of modes but I never see an explanation of
how the positions are actually played.  Your explanation of the root notes
helps, although I think of first position starting with four blow --- I'll have
to think about that.

Is there an online source providing difinitive information on how the
different positions are generally played?

Lee Lewis
Madison MS