RE: 11 and 12 diatonic - early use of positions

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Mark Crowley
<Mark.Crowley@xxxx> wrote:

>it's neither here nor there to me - i just found it hard to swallow
>that exploring positions other than 1st to 3rd was implied to be an
>extremely 'recent' activity

4th position (Pit Paré), 5th position (William Lee McCoy), and 12th
position (Daddy Stovepipe) were all recorded during the 1920s as were
1st and 2nd. 3rd does not seem to have shown up on recordings until
around 1950, with 6th position also making a brief appearance on a
Muddy/Walter record.

Winslow