Re: Projecting

One thing I'm learning, and this took a long time coming, is to play softer.
Softer but fuller at the same time. From the diaphragm and the belly and the
whole resonant chamber. I know it's been said before (what hasn't?) but
standing straight up with your head slightly back and throat open, supporting the
whole chamber with the diaphragm, volume control seems to become much more
dynamic. When I remember to do this my projection becomes noticeably more powerful
acoustically, and with amplified play it just goes through the roof. This
technique is also the ticket to big expansive tone and gives you subtle control
over your articulation. I guess I should say that's just my .02 worth and YMMV
and all those other disclaimers. Anyway, it works for me.

T.A.