Re: Harp rack

Actually, the really best harp holder ever made is the one that Blues Tools
offered for a while. It has a thick black foam padding around the bar that goes
around the neck -- which never! moves -- and offers two (2) count 'em
adjustments for the harp holder: distance from mouth and angle. Of course, it had a
locking rachet for distance from mouth adjustment. The angle part is attached
with four (2 each side) starhead screws -- similar to an allen wrench type
(allowing four different angles).

It has a flat black finish just like the Harp Depot model and its only
drawback is its 5-inch wideth for holding harps -- which means it can only hold
diatonics not chroms or XB-40s or CX-12s.

The price for the Blues Tools model was close to $100 and either ran into
production problems,  budget problems and possibly the fact that its competition
only cost about $12 and coathangers (make your own) were free. But the Harp
Depot model looks nice.

Phil Lloyd/AHN

In a message dated 3/20/2004 12:33:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Joel Fritz wrote:
> Every rack I've ever used needed a better way of clamping.  A lot of
> people add rubber bands.  Another thing to try would be to glue a wide
> rubber band strip on the surfaces that hold the harp to increase the
> friction.  Racks are designed like cheap exercise machines--more for show
> than use.

Here's a rack that you won't have ~that~ problem with:

http://www.harpdepot.com/productdetail/~Model/12NR~/d.html