Re: Learning to Overblow

  Concerning to Brendan Power's style, I am sure he said more than once
  that he doesn't overblow. Yet he uses half-valved bends to achieve
full
  chromatic capability on the diatonic harp, along with various tunings.

  The tunes in "New Irish Harmonica" mainly contains traditional tunes,
  most of which are diatonic in nature. I highly recommend his next step
  "Tradish", which contains mostly his original tunes, inspired by Irish
  music and added some bluesy flavours. The tunes in that CD show
  his mastery in the half-valved-bending technique, I never dreamed
  that could be done without overblowing, but Brendan did it great!

  Mick Kinsella is an excellent overblower, he plays Irish tunes in
another
  technical approach, his album "Harmonica" is among one of my
  favorite CD albums, also highly recommended!

  Sincerely yours,
  Nidalap :D~
  (ps. I'm on the way to a 6-day vacation, please don't feel offended if
  I don't reply offlist emails)

- --
  Not everything that can be counted counts,
  and not everything that counts can be counted.

                                                   -- Albert Einstein