Re: Thicker reedplates = louder?

Bobbie

>However, I don't think it naturally follows that one may more readily notice
>sonic differences between thinner and thicker plates of an unvalved harmonica
>than a valved one. I'd be interested in why you suggest that, Pat.

Simply because that's what I've observed during (far too) many hours
hunched over my workbench

I have also noticed that reeds need to be gapped differently on
thicker reedplates than on thinner reedplates. I have no theory as to
why that is, it's just something that I have noticed while working
with them.

 -- Pat.