Very small amp

If you go to jams etc, it´s handy to have a small sized amp to bring along, preferably battery operated.
   I have unsuccessfully tried to get a passable sound out of a Danelectro Honeytone and various other miniature gadgets, but with no acceptable results - even with modest expectations regarding "bottom"etc. (I settle for a clean sound w. warmth, instead of distortion.)
   Tall order, I know, but does anyone have any encouraging experiences whatsoever in this area?

  Cheers,
   Martin