louder accoustic jamming- here's an idea I tried

Hi all,  I don't have the message to reply to, but someone was wanting a
little help in this area. I made a  small megaphone out of the thick
cardboard tube that something came rolled up on. It was a very hard
cardboard, about  as big around as a coffeecup. I sliced it to make one
end the size of my JT-30 and duct taped it back together. Don't cut your
thumb like I did!  I experimented and found a length of 8" to work very
well. I can "cup" it with one hand and use hand effects with the other if
desired, but what I really like about it is playing in a room with reverb
and practicing resonance. It has a very horn-like sound to it!  I'm always
on the lookout for something made out of thin wood that I can make a "real
one"  from, but meanwhile, this does actually work well, and it's a fun
little project that keeps me entertained at times. Sometimes I play into
an old brown glass coffee cup that is tapered, and some very inspiring
tones are there, it's good practice for using the hands for something
besides wah-wah...it's bigger than is really comfortable, but the loop
slips right over my pinky, so it's easily manageable. Hope this helps-
have fun with it!!!

kcmojoe