Re: super scope

I got one for Christmas but haven't really had time to play with it yet, but
from what I've read and looked at, it should be awesome. I do know one thing
or at least I think I know one thing and that is this: You apparently cannot
strip the vocal track off an original CD and burn a copy sans vocal track, then
take the karaoke CD you burned and add your own voice or harp or sax or what
ever onto the new CD. In other words I can't take Mick Jagger's voice and harp
off a Stones song like Midnight Rambler and add my own voice and harp then
record a CD of my own to see how I would sound singing and playing harp with the
Stones.

However, I think, but I am not sure about this, that I can hook up a
microphone to one of the outlets, hit the vocal depression switch, the record button,
then play along with the original and burn a copy of myself playing over the
original. In this mode if I screw up I have to start all over again with a new
CD copy, there is apparently no way that I have found, to keep practicing over
and over until you get what you want, except to just play along with the
original at various speeds then when you feel comfortable, burn a copy of yourself
playing along in real time with the original while the lead track is
depressed. Even with the lead track depressed, you can still hear the lead track deep
in the background. But I may be wrong and just don't know the tricks of the
machine yet. Any insight on this machine would be greatly appreciated.

So, I can't make my own karaoke records for practice or performance purposes,
But I can play along with the machine while depressing the lead vocal track.
I don't know if instrumental songs or solo ninstruments like jazz sax players
are on their own lead track or not, so that the horn could be depressed the
same way you depress the lead vocals, but I will find out shortly when I am
finished with my current project and have time to really get to know the machine.

anybody else?
Jimmy