Re: Hering´s Professional . 40 Chromatic Harmonica and Vintage 40

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Ben Bouman" <FITGO@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I haven't measured the
> reedplates thickness but the harp feels quite "heavy" , so...thick
> reedplates(??)

Hi, Ben, hi Ludo, hi all.
I´m glad the pics of my tip scooping have helped you. I do round off the
tips of the reeds whenever I retune them, based mostly on a comment from
Ronald Silva, who was the one that told me the anecdote about the rounding
off tools that were lost when Hering was sold to Bertolazzi.

Talking again about the Hering 40 chrom, the model I have, 5140, has thicker
reedplates than the Koch Harmonica I also own. Measured with russian inox
calipers, the Hering has 1,25mm thick plates, and the Koch (Hohner) 1mm
thick plates.
Abraços,
Fernando