Re: Coffee cup

> Coincidentally, I've just been working on a page for my web site on
> this very topic. I was shown it by Kim Wilson, who I believe learned
> it from Walter Horton. One well-known example of it is Walter's
> back-up playing on Wild Child Butler's album "Open Up Baby".

I think Howard Levy uses it on Trio Globo's "Carnival of Soul" (East
something is the name of the track) and also on some of the Bela Fleck
stuff...

> My favorite cup is a Sapporo beer can, which has a nice open top and
> is shaped like a half-pint glass.

Yeah. Beer glasses work well. Wor a while, I also used an opened up Coke
can. Different effect, but interesting nonetheless...

Ben

PS : Pat, I don't know what I've done with the bass harp photos... I'll try
and answer you as soon as I dig it up !