Thicker reedplates/Projection

Rick Dempster wrote:
< So what is being suggested here is that added mass causes greater resonance
and thus <greater reverberation.

I would lilke to add to this thread to say that the acoustic guitar
hotrodders say that added mass, like the heavy weights added to the headstock, DIMINISH
a guitar's sound, not add to it.  They try to reduce the mass of large
headstocks for best perfomance, feeling that any extra mass only soaks up vibes.
Some hotrodders (e.g, Dan Lashbrook) go so far as to reduce the height of even
the very best tuning machines (Waverly's) for the same reason.
  I am also privy to Flatpick-L, and can try to ask some of the renowned
luthiers on the list what they think, if anyone of u Harp - L'ers are interested.
ron