Re: rounding reeds, a question...

Hi Ben, Nicholas, Fernando, Steve and all

I asked Pat what his opinion is on the practise of rounding the =
reedtips, and as I understood he doesn't see the benefit of it.
He also said that:=20
"Hohner went through a phase where the reeds on their diatonics had the =
corners cut off - they were all leaky as hell."

I tried it on 2 harps (old Meisterklasse and sp.20), and indeed noticed =
I could force the gap considerably lower, but Pat suggested this may be =
due to actually creating leakiness through this taking off  of material.

Ludo                                             =20