  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: ludo beckers=20

  Hi Ben, Nicholas, Fernando, Steve and all

  I asked Pat what his opinion is on the practise of rounding the =
reedtips, and as I understood he doesn't see the benefit of it.
  He also said that:=20
  "Hohner went through a phase where the reeds on their diatonics had =
the corners cut off - they were all leaky as hell."

  I tried it on 2 harps (old Meisterklasse and sp.20), and indeed =
noticed I could force the gap considerably lower, but Pat suggested this =
may be due to actually creating leakiness through this taking off  of =
material.

  Ludo