Re: Very small amp

Martin wrote:
"If you go to jams etc, it's handy to have a small sized amp to bring along,
preferably battery operated."

=========================

I'm not sure I agree - at least not if you're talking about a loud jam with
drums, electric guitars and bass, etc. For a jam session in that kind of
setting, your best bet is to bring a big amp that can compete unmiked, or
settle for playing through the PA. Nine times out of ten, if you have a tiny
amp, the guy running the sound board won't bother to help you mic it, and
even if he does it'll take so long the other players will start giving off
that "damn harp players!" vibe, and you'll end up with feedback, etc. I love
my 1x8 Marble Max amp, but in a jam situation, I'd just bring my Harp
Commander and run it through the PA. Less hassle, still great tone.
MN