Steve Baker Special - any hints or tips?

Hi,

a few days ago I bought my first Steve Baker Special, I bought one in
the key of C (later I read that they come in a few different keys,
including F which will be my next purchase). I've played it for about
half an hour now, and I think it is a great concept. I was not so happy
with the embouchure and the reeds need some gapping -some airloss-, but
overall... I LIKE IT!

Of course I tried to combine chord patterns on the "normal" 1/2/3-holes
with these patterns on the "lower" 1/2/3-holes and I could achieve some
nice new sounds that way. But that's of course the obvious first thing
to do.

What I wondered: are there people out there who play the SBS, and could
you share some not-so-obvious tricks now that you have 3 extra and
wonderful low-holes to the left?

Jervis Groeneveld
Mijehof 271
1106 HH Amsterdam.
Bereikbaar via 020 774 8657 en 06 4231 3333