Re: Steve Baker Special - any hints or tips?

Hi

I've learned to make good use of my SBS in D by mimicing some of the action
that fiddlers playing in "cross tuning" get - fiddle tuned AEAE for the key
of A. They're playing most of the tune on the two higher strings (with
drones) and may do a big semi-percussive swoop on the two lower for a "power
chord" <g> on the downbeat. The SBS layout is analagous in a way.
I'm talking about the Southern Old Time style of fiddle playing, might work
for other folk styles that are based on cross tuned fiddles.

Best Wishes,
Staggerin' Jim
http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim