Re: Wim Dijkgraaf - Try Out recordings available for review

Wim Dijfgraaf says:
> A couple of weeks ago I recorded some songs with the amazing Dutch piano
> player Jeroen van Vliet. The purpose of the recording session was to
> have a blue print of some playing concepts and to find out if this duo
> set up could work.
>
> For those who are interested, you can download the music in mp3 format
> at http://www.synergio.nl/muziek .
>
> The recordings are not edited and not mixed because of their purpose as
> working material.

Wim, all I can say is "wow".
The 2 of you play beautifully together. Although the arrangements leave both
of you very "exposed", I like the lack of "other musical clutter". It's nice
to hear your harmonica so prominently featured & supported by a pianist of
van Vliet's caliber.

I especially enjoyed Treasure. At about :56 into the piece you two "double"
each other on a recurring part of the melody - very nice.

Such dynamic playing (on Obsession)! For an "unmixed & unedited rough-cut"
these are VERY nice pieces - thanks for sharing them.
- -Scorcher