Ramblin' on my mind (Of epic proportions)

Thank you gentlemen for showing me the way to De lay.
I know he's a super strata player if a bit
unconventinal from a trad' standpoint,but I do
appreciate some informed advice when "dippin my toe
in" and will heed the concensus.

Mr Gonzales, could I also say thanks to you for
responding to my question of a few weeks ago
concerning L.W's playing mode on Rogers "CHICAGO
BOUND"(notwithstanding the fact that to my eternal
shame, I incorrectly spelt the city chigago!!! DOH!)
You quite rightly stated that the band were amplified
by that time but I am still not sure if Jacobs is
blowin through a hand held mike or "acoustic" style
harp.

Finally, if anyone's still with me at this point I
would like to pass on some anecdotes that I caught on
a radio show here in Ireland a couple of weeks ago.The
show looked back on the British tours made in the
sixties by some of the great bluesmen and stories were
recounted by  the young local talent of the day who
had the opportunity to back them.Unfortunately I can
only paraphrase the commentators and many of you guys
have probably heard these stories but for the benefit
of Mr Kite,here goes.

L.W is in town he's playing in one of the local clubs
given over to the blues.Shortly before getting on
stage one of the band members (and I'm sure this was
Art(brother of Ronnie) Wood)asked him what he would
like to drink.Walter expressed a preference for
whiskey so being mindful of the maestro's status and
presumed habits,he orders him a double measure.On
returning from the bar he is met by a none too
impressed harp genius.
"What's that" spits the diminutive one."It's whiskey"
replies the nervous sideman."I wanted a bottle" snaps
Walter!

Wolf is playing a gig to a crowd of largely
disinterested "RUDE BOYS".The backing musician trying
to reassure Wolf explains that the particular musical
taste of the audience is Jamaican blue beat and ska,
not Delta/Chicago blues.
"Dont tell me how to play to coons ,I've been playin'
coon music for years " explains the Taildragger!

Finally,SBW11.
Clapton is backing him and having heard that SBW had
passed on several years previously as a result of a
icepick(R.I.P),enquires as to his real I.D.
"you're really called Rice Miller,aren't you" asks
E.C.
Clapton described his discomfort as an outraged and
indignant six foot plus "Goat" searched furiously for
his "M.F'ing"  passport to support his adopted
moniker.

Alan Price of The Animals recalled how SBW11 would
rarely, if ever call out keys when beginning a number
and when he once had the temerity to inform him that a
song was in the wrong key,he was told that his organ
was out of tune.
Thats my lot,
Only, have to say that hearing from an earlier thread
that the toxic twins have a new harp related/inclusive
album and that my petname for my girlfriend has been
for years Bobo(don't ask!),I see this as a sign.I will
tame the beast that is the harp after so many years of
frustration!!
I ain't lyin'
Respect to all.SEAN

=====