Re: Blackface Concert question

I have Kendrick Black Frame 10's in a 1960 Concert.  I really like the
sound.  Big barky middle with lots of bottom.  It's not exactly the same
amp, the 64 is more like a Super without the reverb.  I've got Celestion
G70's in a 3X10 bottom I have paired with a 6G6A Blonde Bassman head,
they work wonderfully.  Same thing, barky middle big bottom.  I hated
the CTS alnicos that were in the later Super Reverbs and I'm not really
a fan of the Jensen's from that era.  The Oxfords were nicer sounding.
I think with the black face amps you don't want the speaker to break up
much if at all.  Unlike the tone you're needing in a tweed amp.  There's
always Weber, they're very helpful via e-mail if not arcane.  I bought a
spare speaker from them for one of the Whites, it's a dead knockoff of
the original Oxford.  I guess if price were no object I'd buy more
Kendricks.  They came with the amp when I bought it.  They don't look
special but they sure do sound good, ceramics not alnicos.  I think the
Celestions have a very similar sound and you can hunt around and find
them used.   4 matched might be hard.  I got my 3 on e-bay for $15
apiece and they're very similar to the Kendricks.  I might actually like
them better.  Oddly the higher wattage Celestions have sounded better to
my ear than the G30's.  fjm