  From: pbx3=20
  To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 7:58 AM
  Subject: Chris Tofield band

  Hello everybody.
  I'm really curios if any of you have ever heard about Chris Tofield =
and the Bluesbanders band?
  I had the chance to see them here in Romania. The drummer is Romanian =
(and friend of a friend of mine) so they were invited to the Bucharest =
Blues Festival and they also played in a few pubs.
  I never heard and saw such a blues performance. I admit I haven't seen =
many foreign blues bands: John Mayal, Alvin Lee, Eddie The Chief =
Clearwater. And these great musicians played on open stages with =
thousands of auditors. But these three bluesmen were incredible.
  And what was amazing for me and had something to do with this list: =
Chris Tofield and James Cotton had the same manager!!! And he played =
with Cotton. And he also played with Montgomery, Jerry Portnoy and =
Musslewhite. And BB King. I wouldn't believe it if he told me that =
before the show, but after his performance I did.He is a very nice guy, =
very funny and friendly. And why a musician like Chris Tofield gains =
only 80 USD for a 2 hour incredible performance I don't understand.

  All the best,
  Alex