One man's offensive content is anothers....

I understand the point of the poster who has asked for restraint. However censorship is always a touchy issue. It is the community which sets the mores and limits. The poster has every right to say he finds it offensive, and to request restraint. And other posters have every right to say they find THOSE postings offensive. But repeated postings does little positive but lead to a an unneeded flame war.

On the other hand, along with restraint is needed tolerance. I find some types of music more offensive than sexual references. Should I demand discussion of those music types be avoided?

Might I suggest a killfile for those users who find particular content offensive? Myself, I just turn the channel when I don't care to be bothered (looks alot like the delete button), but for those who would rather not be bothered, there are nice tools in all major email clients to do the job.

OTOH, if you are reading at YahooGroups, you really can't avoid them.. unless of course you turn on the email feature.