Re: Key/Position/XB40 question

Hey Hambone,

Tough question, especially when I have no idea what
the song in question is like.

Given what you've said, however, I think I'd go for
the Bb XB-40 and try it in 1st. First position on
the XB-40 is ~very~ interesting and much more open
than on a regular diatonic (especially if you're
not a champ overbender).

The lower pitch of the Bb would better offset the
sax I think, and later you still have a great harp
for playing in F (second) Cm (third position) for
awesome songs like Christo Redentor. This harp is
absolutely great for 3rd position IMO.

Using an Ab XB-40 to cover that Eb song in third
position is another option, but an Ab harp (IMO)
isn't extremely useful unless you're playing with a
lot of horn players who, as you know, adore those
flat keys.

My 2 cents anyhoo.

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens