RE: Harpie on thicker reedplates=louder?

CXfried writes a dissertation on the theoretical and experimental effects of
thicker reedplates:
> Hello friends,

> as I see I´m back on the list after a long time of silence.That Harpie
appears in
> the subject doesn´t mean that he is going to make jokes about louder
reedplates.
> Only at the end he couldn´t resist.

> Note: For harp friends who subscribed in the meantime, Harpie is my
imaginary son
> I invented for entertainment years ago.

> I´ve carefully read all comments and here are my 2 cts on the subject
> Keith Freeman started again. Yes, nothing or very little is absolutely new
on
> harp-L. Even the materials question is sometimes still alive though
considered a
> dead horse. 8<huge snip>8

And a cool, refreshing breeze blows fresh air against the din of mediocre
and wasteful posts!

I can understand why Seigfried and other long-time harp-l'ers cut back their
highly valued presence to near nothing.  The dismal quality of certain
recent threads must disgust all but the most ardent list members.

I for one am joyful that Seigfied has taken the time to enlighten us with
his experience with and knowledge about thicker reedplates.

A hearty welcome back, CXfried, and please don't let the lows to which
harp-l sometimes stoops or the "oh that again" posts we see much of these
days keep you and Harpie from joining us more often!

Thanks,

Michelle