RE: Bebop

<quote>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 07:26:28 -0600
From: "Chris Michalek" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Bebop

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that somewhere I have an unrealeased and
ultra rare session of Little Walter playing Charlie Parker heads. BTW
- - - LW was a huge overblower and this tape would put all of those issue
to rest. Now if I could only find that tape :-)
</quote>

  This is a common mistake about Little Walter's playing technique and
incorporation of Bebop.   Studies have shown that Little Walter didn't play
overblows as commonly thought, but rather he got those "extra notes" by
using the long forgotten Hohner Vintage Tricell Vamper.
  Little Walter was in fact a big proponent of the Tricell Vampers.
Although sadly near the end of his short life they were no longer made, a
few of were actually found in his gig bag after his untimely death.
A rare photo of the instrument with details can be found here:
http://idximage.tripod.com/idx63432.html

- -- G.