Re: bopalula

>>>bop influences. If you disagree with that, then maybe we've been
>>talking about a different guy. I'm talking about the Chess artist
>who
>>backed up Muddy Waters, Jimmy Rogers, John Brim and others and who
>>tragically died at an early age. Who are you talking about?

I was talking about the same guys, Muddy Waters, Jimmy Rogers, John
Brim the one that obviously knew their harmony and theory inside and
out.  The ones that used to back up guys like Miles and trane before
they busted out to form a eletrified delta blues group. :-)

>>Nobody is seriously expecting anyone to play all John Coltrane and
>>Sonny Rollins wank stuff on a standard diatonic, unless they mess
>>around with that overblow sissy stuff at the expense of intonation
>and
>>tone. But all I'm saying is that there ARE guys who use phrases from
>
>>bop to spice up their playing.

Michael Peloquin may be a sissy but not at the "expense of intonation
and tone."  Check him out.  However, you obviously referring to me
and you're right, my tone and intonation sucks.  Good thing I don't
use an amp to make it obvious eh?

Take Care friend.