html

There was a time that I spent the time and energy to try and police html
posts on the list.  That time has come and gone.  As far as I know anyone
using the current version of Aol's interface is stuck.  They don't have a
way to turn off the html mail.  Ironic because their browser kernel is the
mozilla kernel.  From one end of the spectrum to the other.  If anyone
knows how to turn off html in AOL's browser please do post this
information to the list.

There is an eventual and imminent solution to the digest html formatting
codes problem.  Demime.  A program that uses perl scripts to strip out
html/rtf text formatting.  We had it installed once but lost it in a disk
crash.  It's kind of annoying to get configured and takes a lot of
sustained attention on my part but it will happen soon.  Realize that I
spent Super Bowl Sunday sifting through and deleting some 7500 mydoom
generated viri.  The listowner's job is just that.  Sifting through dreck.
 It's daily and unending.  If I skip a day I can have almost 1,000
messages piled up in the various harp-l malboxes.  (on a bad day)  Thanks
for being such a patient group.  As always it's baby steps but we're
headed in the correct direction again.