Hohner Vintage Tricell Vamper/Leg Pull!!

Marcio;
            This topic is a hoax. I am writing to you on April Fools day, and as I live in the Southern hemisphere, and
cannot be bothered checking international dates, I simply suggest that G. has pulled this stunt in honour of the day
that honours practical jests.
            There was never a harmonica like this, and if there were, Walter Jacobs would have had no need of it in
order to record what he did.
            There is nothing in Walter's entire repertoire that can't be played on a standard Richter tuned diatonic or
a chromatic in third position (Dm on a C instrument)
            Really, a lot of the speculation about Walter is nonsense. I slaved over his recordings thirty odd years
ago, and there is no mystery about it.
           He was simply a gifted musician who came up in a rich and fertile culture, surrounded by other great players
working in the same great tradition with whom he made great music. It's called 'culture' and it's spread pretty thin
these days.
          Reading the book by Tony Glover, Scott Dirks & Ward Gaines on Waler's life ("Blues with a Feeling" published
by Routledge 2002) I notice that Walter never stuck with any particular equipment for long, and seemed more concerned
about his sidemen than his gear.
          The other thing that players should take note of is the size of the amps in Walter's day (just take a look at
some of the pix)
          That music was played and recorded at a lower level than it it is now played on peoples home sound systems.
          The softer you play, the more subtlety you can keep in your music.
If Walter had been playing now at the levels most of us play at, most of what we admire  his playing would have been
impossible.
Happy Reeding.
Rick Dempster