Re: drum, bass, snare, hi-hat patterns

Does anybody know of any sites for basic blues midi tutorials?

I picked up this latest version of a cheap ps2 game - its sound samples are of pretty good quality for what you pay for. $30 aud.

Its primarily set up for dance music - doof, doof, doof.... - but as i was playing around last night -desparing on overblow progress - I realised you can set the time signature for 6/4 - allowing you to spread 4 beats across a bar and divide each beat into 3 equal divisions (technically 6 i think- but its the 3 that matters... i think)

- -up the bpms and the damn thing actually 'swing's - it's pretty funny.

analysing some of the supplied rock tracks I am halfway to figuring out how to prevent the samples sounding the same - you have individual settings for each note  and you have different samples of the one instrument available so you don't have to have yr hi-hats sounding all the same on every note - some of the differences between the rock hi-hat patterns on the supplied tracks were pretty cool.

does anybody have any pages set up showing patterns or willing to offer their own favourite patterns? - of course not all of them are going to work on this as its not midi at all - more like a midi emulation.

 - am hoping to create jam tracks in all keys to practise chrom melodies on.

with the ps2 stereo output can run a backing track thru my rp200 and amp. I could record the tracks straight onto a minidisc walkman and then thru  rp200 but it will be more funny to see a teevee and ps2 connected up. hell, it has a video maker inside it, yu could perform to your own music video(lol)

looking to be first on the block to bags the moniker 'sony boy 1'

crowley
(who doesn't believe the fate of western democracy hinges on the restrictions of utterance of expletives on one email list - neither does he swear in front of his granma - even though he can)