[Harp-L] 99 cents

Yesterday I was engaged in one of my favorite weekend activities, shopping
the "99 cents" store with my family.  As we strolled the aisles of cheap
plastic dishes, imported canned menudo and toys too cheap even to come from
China, my wife nabbed a CD of music by renowned saxaphonist, Stan Getz.  As
we were checking it out last night ("Not what i was expecting," I think was
her comment) I was surprised to hear diatonic harmonica on track two, the
Charlie Parker tune "Billie's Bounce".  It was none other than Sugar Blue
in a track recorded live in Canne in 1980.  Funny what 99 cents can buy.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/