[Harp-L] Re: Popper (was Ben and Frank)

Ben sez:

<<I can't imagine loving BT and hating the harp though, especially as a
harp
player, that must be horrible ! I feel for you, man !>>

Oh. I don't hate his harp; it just doesn't do anything for me. And I
should have added, that I'm not much of a BT fan now. I started liking
them .... golly...1992-ish. I was with them until the release of Four. I
liked Four enough, but it was already progressing into a kind of music
that I was having less and less room for in my life. The the live album
came out "From the fall" I think it was called, which was OK. I bought
Straight on Til Morning on the day it was released...and I haven't bought
one since. I just can't care anymore. (although one of the four times I
saw them was after that album came out.) I wasn't playing harmonica when I
started liking them and I don't feel that I really matured into a real
aficionado of the instrument until after seeing both Madcat and Buddy
Greene and consecutive Beanblossom Bluesfests. After that I really haven't
turned back from the kinds of harp I love. Phil Wiggins, Sonny Terry,
Buddy Greene, Madcat, Jimmy McFadden, and Charlie McCoy, (Howlin Wolf, too
holds a special place in my heart) . I love all the Chicago greats too but
they come second to my first love.

But your sympathies are much appreciated. Thank you.