Fw: [Harp-L] William Clarke/George Smith Chromatic

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "sean stephens" <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 10:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] William Clarke/George Smith Chromatic

----- Original Message ----- From: "sean stephens" <thepriapist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 7:34 AM

Hello all,
while this thread is alive could I ask a question re Harmonica Smith.
How is he playing 'Peg.....Heart'.I believe the tunes in C and I've tried playing along on my sole chrom (a 16 hole hohner in C)in first .Is it in first or 3rd using a Bf ?
Its a sublime tune but is quite difficult to get a handle on (in 1st anyway!)IMHO.
Thanks in advance.
Sean.

Hi,
George was definitely using a Bb 270 played in the key of C. Most of the old time chromatic (non blues playing) guys, usually play that tune in 1st position.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com