Re: [Harp-L] Regular D harps

From: "Michael Peloquin" <peloquinharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

am I the only one that has 4 Blow go flat 20-1 versus 4 draw going flat?

No, you are definitely not alone. For me, 95% of the time, it's the 4 blow that goes flat. It's always the reed I listen most carefully to when I'm checking my harp's tuning. This is true for just about any key harp for me.

In fact, I'm thrilled when a draw note goes flat because I have a bunch of spare reed plates to replace it (from all the harps with flat blow reeds). When it's a blow note, I'm SOL. (Yeah yeah, I know, I gotta learn how to change individual reeds.)

Jimbeau