Fw: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

----- Original Message ----- From: Bob Maglinte
To: Nicolas Fouquet
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Froggy,
Thanks for the info. I just hope that Hohner doesn't use a cap screw setup that's used in the MS series, which cap screws are OK, but the material being used for them are just god awful and the threads are OK, but the slot that the screwdriver goes into gets mangled FAR too easily. I hope they also are planning to use 4 screws holding down the covers rather than 2, which will IMO, make them more stable and have fewer air leakage problems. As a traditional blues player, I MUCH prefer the original 7 limit just intonation, but if the tuning in the present comprised just is 99% more consistent than it has been, it would be easier to deal with, and that's an area where Hering's Vintage Harps have a huge edge of Hohner (but when Hohner was tuning the Marine Bands that way, they were just as consistent). Are the cover plates going to be a lot more opened up in the back, like they were prior to the late 70's, or better yet, prior to World War II? I guess my prediction was correct when I wrote up a review of the Hering Vintage Harps on the Coast To Coast Music site that the stakes got raised for the Marine Band.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com