Re: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "G." <gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 9:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] burnishing +NEW PROTPTYPE AMRINE BAND!!!!!!!!!!!

Funnily enough, my Pozidrive #1 is a WIHA too. :)
Just for the record, I haven't had any problems with MS cover screw heads
since obtaining it.
With customer's MS harps where they've stripped the head, the silver (or
black) gives way to a yellow metal, so I'm guessing they're plated brass. I
think you're right in that they'd benefit from being made of harder stuff.

-- G.

Hi,
Here in the USA, trying to get a hold of a Pozidriv is a royal pain in the butt, as they're tough to find, and when you do, the ones you find are made by Stanley (and since I got the Wiha, I can tell you without hesitation to avoid the Stanley one like the plague), which I got thru WW Grainger, ain industrial wholesale supply chain, and honestly, it wasn't much better than using a normal #1 Phillips head (which seems to be fine for the reed plate screws, but NOT for the cover plate screws), but the Wiha is a clearly superior tool. Once again, it proves that when it comes to getting good quality tools, (although for the longest time, the Stanley was the only one I could find here), scrimping for the cheapest deal is NOT an option. My guess is that, unlike the reed plate screws, there may not be enough give to it, or they may need to change to one made of a much better quality material.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com