[Harp-L] Example of Throat Vibrato

Thanks everybody for your input on throat vibrato.  Maybe this sounds silly
but I was hoping there was somebody out there who would be able to explain
the "easy" way to learn this; like I was hoping it was some little trick
that I didn't know about and once I learned that simple little trick I would
have TB over night.  Looks like I'm going to have to stay out in the wood
shed on this one for a while.

I have made a little progress in the last month or so though.  The thing is
that where I'm seeing progress, where I hear it, isn't a result of following
the basic principal of the inhaled machine gun effect.  Instead, I've had
better results by opening and closing my nostrils. This involves the throat,
I know, but higher up, in the septum actually. The result sounds more what
I'm trying for.  When I do this my tongue is almost flat on the "floor" of
my mouth.  I -for lack of a better word- flutter my septum open and closed.
I don't know if this is what I  should be doing but it's giving me at least
something like what I'm shooting for.

Speaking of what I'm shooting for I thought I'd give an example of the
throat vibrato that I so much admire and want to emulate.  This would be
Paul Butterfield on the Muddy Waters CD, Fathers And Sons.  The song is
"Forty Days And Forty  Nights" - track six.  This song has the exact kind of
vibrato that I want to have. Butterfields playing on this song is just so
strong and muscular- it is the bomb as far as I'm concerned.  Butterfield
isn't one my favorite players but his vibrato on this song rules.  If I'm
wrong and this isn't TB then I'm hoping one of you guys will let me know but
I can't see how it could be anything else.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh