Re: [Harp-L] Electrovoice mics that are good for harp

Sam Blancato <samblancato@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

<snip> Both the Electro Voice 641 and 638 are great harp mics. <snip>

 <snip>Neather of these mics would lend themselves to adding a volume pot though.<snip>

Yessiree! Add to that the 630 & variants; the 619 (719 & 720-X-tal &ceramic versions) when chopped & modded; the 605 and, to a lesser degree, the 606 (you have to remedy the problems created by the noise-cancelling slot in the head. As far as I can tell the 6 series of vintage EV mics have the same or very similar elements (dynamic versions). The 630 type tend to be a bit cleaner overall. The 605, 638, 641, & 619 can do clean and dirt.

While they may not readily lend themselves to mods, in my opinion (well, did it a lot) all mods can be done, stud removal, screw-on connector, switch and/or pot, etc. The trick is where and how.

Tim Norris