[Harp-L] Harp players will get it..

Hey Folks,

 I thought I'd relate a funny story.  My D Golden Melody blew a reed the
other day; draw 5 just broke off. So yesterday I decided to buy a new one at
a local music store instead of buying one online - I wanted it right away.
This local store, Pianos-n-Stuff is actually the best music store close to
Pittsburgh. (I don't count Guitar Center because the help there is so bad
and they're not very harp friendly).  Any way I ask for a D Golden Melody
and the guy brings me one.  I ask him for the bellows tester thing because
since they have one I like to go over the holes on the chance the one of
them doesn't sound or is weak sounding - that's what they're there for.

So I go to work pumping this thing and I have it set on the single hole
setting and I'm going over each hole a couple of times.  As I'm doing this I
notice three or four people are looking at me while I'm doing this, just
sort of watching me work with this stupid looking contraption.  So I say,
not to anybody in particular, "I know 'I' don't sound very good but if the
guys on the blues records that I have can sound 'that' good, I figure it
just takes a lot of practice."  Now I thought this was a pretty funny joke.
Nobody laughed; they just stared blankly at me and then went on with what
ever they were doing.  I guess since nobody laughed it's not really a funny
story.  But I thought it was a pretty good joke.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh