[Harp-L] Re: Pat Ramsey/White, Hot and Blue

>> Thanks to Jason Ricci for his mail about Pat Ramsey. I m not a great
> fan of Johny Winter but if i had to by one album, it would be  "White,
> Hot and Blue because of Pat presence.

sadly, that's the one album you can't buy.  it appears to be
out of print.  if anyone knows someplace i could get it, please
let me know offlist.  i've been looking for some time.>>

Unfortunately, AFAIK, that record was never reissued on CD in the U.S.; even
the CD compilation of Winter's Blue Sky work only had harp-less tracks from
that album.  Apparently there were CD pressings of the record under license in
both France and Italy, though.  Watch for copies on eBay or try your luck with
an overseas CD search service, but I didn't have any luck with the latter,
apart from learning that it had been reissued in those two countries.  I paid an
exorbitant amount for a copy of the French pressing on eBay and would do it
again.  A faster and cheaper way might be to ask older guitarists in your area
if they've got the vinyl.  I just checked, and I've never given my brother's LP
back.  Serves him right for not missing it ;-).

Stephen Schneider