[Harp-L] Green as Grass

I have been playing the harp for about 5 months now. During that time, I have been in the background reading the comments you all have related to the art of playing and promoting the harp. I must say that I am truly impressed with the dedication that is seen here.

During this 5 months, I have diligently looked for the right diatonic harp. I have purchased about 10 different C harps from various manufacturers and ultimately landed on the Suzuki ProMaster 350 (unvalved at this point).

I also purchased the Suzuki Overdrive. It has a decent tone and is said to be easier to bend and overblow (from the advertisements). I am just now starting to work on the bending -- in fact I am hoping that the Jam Camp in St. Louis will provide me with the needed instruction to bend. Anyway, back to the question I have -- does anyone out there play the Overdrive? If so, how do you hold it so that you are not blocking the holes on the top and bottom plates, and still allow the harp to sit far enough in your mouth?

BTW -- I did have the opportunity to spend about 1/2 hour with Jon Gindick on the phone. Wow! Unbelievable how much can be learned from those individuals that have a passion for the harp. Really looking forward to St. Louis.

Mike