[Harp-L] Re:

Bob,

Try a Lee Oskar Melody Maker in 2nd position.

I don't have one handy at the moment, but I know I have tried playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on one some time ago, and as I recall it layed out fine.  I will have to try it again this weekend to see.

I like the LO Melody Makers, and sometimes use a Major tuned along with the MM.  For instance, this past Christmas, I like playing some Christmas songs and often use the MM harps.

Using an E MM harp and an A major harp, songs like "O Come O Come Emmanuel" and "Angels We Have Heard on High" are fun to play--start in 2nd position on the MM and if the note is not there, switch to the Major harp (I hold both harps in my left hand, MM naturally between thumb and index finger and the Major harp between the index finger and middle finger).

Anyways, the MM tuning (and also the Natural Minor tunings) open other avenues to playing.  Give it a try !

Ken Hildebrand

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com