RE : [Harp-L] RE: Kim Wilson oddball harp mic

   Dear list,

   backbender1 wrote:
   Kim did have a mic from somewhere overseas, I didn't
know much about it though, and it was not any of the
mics I have built for him. He didn't even have it when
he was in my neck of the woods.

   Kim's "oddball" mic (I own one) was built by Bjoern Joacim Lilleland,
a norvergian harp player. I believe Kim owns two versions that were, in
fact, prototyps. The first version has a volume AND a tone control, the
second no controls at all. Both have an all brass casing, a dynamic
element, are fully balanced out (XLR with pin 1 being ground, pin 2 the
+ signal and pin 3 the - signal)and incorporate a high quality
transformer. They also can be used as a song mic. Strangely, the mic (it
looks funny) can not be opened (at least, not by me!).
   Bjoern can be reached at (00 + Norway's international code)
915.328.92.
   His address is:
   Maudsvei,8
   4311 - HOMMERSAAK Sandness NORWAY
   He has no e-mail I know off
   Sunnyside in Vienna

   PS: mail me off list if you want pictures
   PPS: I still have a ME-18 Masco tube amplifier and a mint Sonny
Junior 4 x 8" tweed cabinet for sale.
   The Masco head has been voiced for harmonica by customizer
extraordinaire Skip Simmons. Uses a 6SJ7 (pre-amp), a 6SC7 (phase
inversion) and two 6L6G power tubes. Rectifier is a 5Y3GT. Runs on 117
volts. Paper wound transformers. Five ohmage outputs: 2, 4, 8, 15 and
500 ohms.
   The cabinet sports especially designed speakers by Pyle Manufacturing
LLC. Recovered with a nice light brown tweed by the late master Sam
Hutto, it is the original extension cabinet for a Sonny Jr #1 amplifier.
Comes with a padded Tucky cover.
   Again, mail me off list, should you be interested.