Re: [Harp-L] Buckeye Schedule?

On Apr 12, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Bill Hines wrote:

I have to book business travel for next week at Columbus and I might be
able to tweak it to attend some of Buckeye, but I can't for the life of
me find anything related to a schedule for that. Is there a schedule? I
can't find much info at all, and if I have to be selective I want to try
to pick the spots that might be most interesting to me. What vendors
will be exhibiting and when? Seminars, etc? What's going on during the
day and in the evening?

OK, basically things start up in the morning on Thurs. Sometime in the am, the Joe Filisko teaching extravigasnza begins. While that is happening, there is open mike and other seminars/talks/discussion groups on diversified subjects. After the evening meal, the evening show begins. The first evening show players are (generally) selected from the better (or more interesting?) open mike players. Thu nite usually finds the blues players jamming somewhere.

Friday is more of the same, with a continuation of Joe and his bunch of guys teaching people looking for specific improvement areas. Afternoon is more open mike while a couple conference rooms have a talk of some sort going on. The Fri evening show is a mixture of players, some of which have been scheduled ahead of time, some not.

After the Fri nite show there are 2 jams. Blues & Jazz. Blues is usually hosted by Buzz or Joe (or both). Jazz host is whom ever shows up that they can snag.

Sat has a matinee in the afternoon. Generally, older people arrive by bus. The evening show is the dinner show, has all the BIG guns. Sometimes, someone who isn't scheduled will show up and they are shoe horned into the show. The last performer will usually be the 'Name' act. Sometimes, the blues group also plays on into Sun am.