[Harp-L] Choice of instrument

 I started on guitar in HS & did the Page/Gibson thing and ear-copied old  Led Zep riffs  while my lil brother went the strat/Hendrix route. Then I got into 1920's slide tunings, later I was a guitarist in a New wave band called "The Casuals." (recall the 80's?.. I lived in New Orelans at the time & can't remember much. :-)   I was self taught and played the fads of the day, but I always loved roots music & blues best.
  I do remember picking out "Tell Me" on a T-Birds record with my beat -up harmonica. But never went further with it.
   The harmonica 'spoke' to me ~ 3 years ago & I went to Augusta & SPAH in 2003...I was so clueless about the instrument..  I kinda went mad over it and now only use my guitar to write tunes with.
 (I still find it hard to 'compose'' in harmonica)

   Now I have a band & side in another & still have much to learn. I did like Howling Wolf, and just started playing out & learning it as I went. (Mercy!)
I just think the harmonica is still unique & mysterious & most folks are a might "guitared" out.  It also is a great vocalist's instrument.
   At times I wish I could transfer my guitar years to the harp!
Funny how one comes to the instrument... How about some more stories?