Re: [Harp-L] RE: Gig Attire

>>  Problem with wearing any sort of 'extreme' outfit, you better be
>able
>>to back up the outfit...smo-joe

This is why I prefer t-shirts and jeans when possible. Nobody expects
a thing and I feel like playing like Michael Peloquin for the evening
I can get away with it. :-)

This also reminds me of last year at Ricci blow in St. Louis.  The
night before the big show we went to an open jam where I was wearing
shorts, polo shirt, white socks and black shoes.  I tore the roof of
the joint with Purple Haze and one St Louis local could only comment
on my "blues" attire saying I was tacky for a bluesman and dressing
better would help my music blah blah blah.... then somebody else
comment "When you play like that, you can dress however the hell you
want."

I say YEP! Ultimately I just want to be comfortable.  On the
occasions I jammed with the Felcktones, Victor was almost always
wearing a T-Shirt and Sweat pants.  Bela was in a t shirt and jean
and Roy was always wearing something exotic... That never hurt their
music sales or image...

Appropriate is best...and sometimes it's not but you'd better be a
badass if you're going to break the rules.

Chris Michalek

www.michalekstrone.com
CD Available
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/michalekstrone