[Harp-L] overblow-tongueblock combination

Ludo Beckers wrote:

>Here's an attempt to revive the thread: Is there
>any other advise then "keep on trying"?

I think the reason you got no response is because so few people actually overblow using a tongue block, and most of them are not members of this List. The man you really want to talk to is Joe Filisko. He is extremely free with his knowledge and, in fact, is quite passionate about teaching what he knows. He'll be at SPAH and Buckeye, running his invaluable teach-in at both conventions. If you're from Europe, you're in luck. Joe will be participating in the World Harmonica Festival this November in Trossingen.

Overblowing from a tongue block is a rare and esoteric technique. Joe can really do it and he's an experienced teacher besides. I would seek him out. There may be somebody better equipped to guide you, but I cannot think who that might be.

George