[Harp-L] Following Chord Changes

I want to start following chord changes when I play
blues music starting in 2nd position on the I.  I know
the blues scales in 3rd and 1st with overblows (not
the 1 hole overblow though).

What's the next step?  I can follow a progression, but
I have a hard time improvising in 3rd major and 1st.
What should be my mind set?  Is it too academic to
play each change from each scale, or it would be
better to just emphasize the notes in the 3rd and 1st
scales when I hit the chord changes?

I have thought about trying to play along to harp
songs in 2nd position in either third or first and
trying to follow along.  Is that a descent idea?

I think my biggest struggle isn't so much following
the chords as it is improvising in the different
positions for only a few bars.

Help!

Mike Fugazzi
Harmonica/Vocals