[Harp-L] Tongue Blocked Blow Bends.

I'm pretty much a beginner but thanks to the advice I got here I can do it now, TB'd blow bends. Lower if you've got one. I've just started playing it so the idea is still fresh in my mind.

The only blow bend I'm playing so far is the 8, and I can play it tongue blocked on a G up to a C harp. Easiest I think on a G harp.

When I finally figured it out, its like the 6 draw bend done TB only different. Do the 8 bend puckered and get a feeling for how small the space is in your mouth behind the hole. Then do the 6 draw blocked and get a feeling for how you have changed the shape of your mouth to get the bend.

Now go back to the 8 blow and squeeze your mouth down on that side even tighter. It will take you a while but if you think positive you will get it.

Wayne Openlander