Re: [Harp-L] RE: Gig Attire

Notice that I didn't say you couldn't actually BE a pimp from New Orleans in
the band, you just can't DRESS like one.

Oh, I forgot, zoot suits fall into this category too. Don't get me wrong
'cause I dig the viper thing, Mezz Mezzroe, and the jive look, but it
doesn't "fit" my band's aesthetic. I don't warm on the idea that neat and
trim equals professional... not so much because skilled playing is the real
benchmark but rather because a band should look like it's music. It should
all "fit". I once saw a blues band and the members were all wearing khakis
and Hawaiian shirts. The band was good but man, those outfits h-u-r-t. I
mean, c'mon man, a Chicago blues band wearing khakis and Hawaiian shirts?
There oughtta be a law.